PMI is, was, and always will be about volunteers. Founded in 1969 by five volunteers who sought to standardize and promote the project management profession, PMI’s volunteer force, upwards of 10,000 strong, is larger than many other professional membership associations. PMI is dedicated to supporting the volunteers around the globe that make PMI the dynamic organization that it is. Volunteerism is so important to PMI it was added as a Core Value in 2011. Since that time PMI has worked diligently to provide additional support, expanded resources, and increased opportunities for leadership development to our volunteers.
Candidates must be members in good standing with PMI NEFL Chapter.
Use the volunteer form.
PDUs to be awarded
1 hour = 1 PDU (up to 15 per year) based on PMI Volunteer PDU Policy https://ccrs.pmi.org/
Volunteer may hold other roles while concurrently serving in this role
Number of Openings
Type of interaction
Virtual, occasional in-person
Estimated time commitment
4 to 8 hours a month
Thisrole willvalidate content on the chapter website and work with PMI-NEFL Officers and leadership within the of Digital Content Strategy team per guidance from the VP of Technology. Digital media content coordinators maintain a current knowledge of industry-specific technologies, are proficient in digital and publishing software, and have a strong eye for design and webpage layouts.
This role also requires the Web Team member to maintain up to date site content, such as events, newsletters, articles, or other content, as well as implementing, analyzing, and reporting analytics to focus content on end-user needs.
In this role, the volunteer Coordinatorwill have some freedom to use creativity and web design skills, to align with strategic planning and leadership guidance, to make the site appealing, usable, and effective, within the chapter mission and the guidelines of PMI Global.
Ensure that the PMI-NEFL chapter web site remains up to date with fresh content and that it is user-friendly for our members.
- Ensuringall content, including events, newsletters, email announcements, and general website content,is published and sent accurately and in a timely manner
- Working with Communications Team and other Chapter leaders on updating website content
- Utilizing tools available on the web site to generate interest in our chapter (Surveys, Media content, assisting other Board Members with executing email campaigns, etc.)
- Update the homepage announcements
- Troubleshooting the site, when necessary
- Other duties as necessary related to the website content, design, and analytics
- 1+ years working with web content development and publishing tools. Experience in using the Joomla platform is a plus.
- Prior design experience
Desired skill sets
- Ability to modify and maintain web site content
- Ability to collaborate multiple stakeholders and coordinate content and changes
- Ability to execute email campaigns using CRM or similar tools
- Experience in development on the Joomla platform
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
Education and training
- Experience with web design, CMS/CRM, or similar technology (2+years is a plus)
- AS or BS in Digital Media, Public Relations, Computer Science, MIS, or web developmentis a plus