PMI is, was, and always will be about volunteers. Founded in 1969 by five volunteers who sought to standardize and promote the project management profession, PMI’s volunteer force, upwards of 10,000 strong, is larger than many other professional membership associations. PMI is dedicated to supporting the volunteers around the globe that make PMI the dynamic organization that it is. Volunteerism is so important to PMI it was added as a Core Value in 2011. Since that time PMI has worked diligently to provide additional support, expanded resources, and increased opportunities for leadership development to our volunteers.
To apply for any of the following, please use the volunteer form.
Director of Media & Content - Technology & Communications Team
- Maintain the Chapter's digital content (i.e. images, articles, etc.)
- Procure, edit or develop content & artifacts to support campaigns across multiple channels (email, social media posts, scrolling presentation, tweets, pictures, infographics, videos, multimedia, etc.)
- Assist the VP of Technology & Communications, Board Members and other Chapter Volunteers in gathering and developing content for the NEFL Chapter
- Work with VP of Technology & Communications, Board Members, volunteers and partners to create artifacts that can be used to promote chapter events and notifications as part of ad-hoc communications or campaigns
- Work with the Director of Communications to provide content to support social media campaigns & engagement activities
- Work with the Newsletter Coordinator to provide content to be used in the monthly newsletter
- Work with the Director of Web Content by providing content that can be used on the Chapter web site
- Curate content, finding and sharing information of interest to the chapter’s audience while respecting copyright laws
- Where applicable, photograph or coordinate photography of activities at chapter events; coordinate with the Director of Communications on publishing photos from chapter events on social media
If you love communications and media and have a creative eye, as well as enjoy working at your own pace this is a terrific opportunity!