PMI is, was, and always will be about volunteers. Founded in 1969 by five volunteers who sought to standardize and promote the project management profession, PMI’s volunteer force, upwards of 10,000 strong, is larger than many other professional membership associations. PMI is dedicated to supporting the volunteers around the globe that make PMI the dynamic organization that it is. Volunteerism is so important to PMI it was added as a Core Value in 2011. Since that time PMI has worked diligently to provide additional support, expanded resources, and increased opportunities for leadership development to our volunteers.
Candidates must be members in good standing with PMI NEFL Chapter.
Use the volunteer form.
PDUs to be awarded
1 hour = 1 PDU (up to 15 per year) based on PMI Volunteer PDU Policy https://ccrs.pmi.org/
Volunteer may hold other roles while concurrently serving in this role
Regional Coordinator: Region 3 – Orange Park
Estimated time commitment
The volunteer will take responsibility for organizing one networking event every six months in the Orange Park region. With the support of the Director of Networking Events, the volunteer will own all aspects of each event which aims to supplement the learning and networking opportunities provided to the Chapter Members by the monthly Dinner Meeting.
Networking events will be an informal, one PDU event in a bar/restaurant location with a guest speaker, a sponsor, and a limit of approximately 20 people. The purpose is to provide a PDU from the PMI Talent Triangle, updates on the local job market, and the camaraderie of fellow professionals in locations that support Members who might not be able to attend the Dinner Meetings regularly.
The role will require a few hours per week on the following key activities:
- Select and manage one event (or more) every six months that does not clash with an existing PMI NEFL Chapter event (e.g. Dinner Meeting, SkillFest etc). Weeknights are recommended.
- Select and manage a location that can comfortably welcome approx. 20 people in a social setting.
- Negotiate deal for first drink and finger food which will be included with sign-up.
- Recruit a speaker for each event.
- Recruit a sponsor for each event (with VP Partnerships).
- Publish and update event clearly to Chapter website (with VP Technology).
- Publish partner logos to event page upon financial commitment.
- Coordinate Social Media exposure (with VP Communications).
- Create and analyse feedback survey (with VP Technology).
- Determine attendance cap, track the number of attendees and inform the venue.
- Provide pre- and post-event content for the Chapter newsletter.
- Coordinate financial reporting of event (with VP Finance).
- Attend each event and on the night:
- Coordinate setup of location if needed.
- Coordinate setup of PMI NEFL Marketing logistics (signs, flyers, ppt etc.).
- Host member sign-up
- Perform MC introduction
- Conclude final invoice with venue management
Benefits to you and your company
At PMI NEFL, we understand that your professional and personal time is valuable and time spent away from this should be meaningful to you, the organization and the community. This role has been created to service a significant requirement within the Chapter, driving it will considerably enhance your own growth and development within the profession.
It also looks very cool on a resume!