Convincing the Bear - Influence Without Authority
Presented by Michael Nir
After hiking towards a glacier in Denali National Park Alaska, we were making camp near a small lake.
Suddenly I heard my friend saying “Michael there’s a bear here, it is on this side of the lake.” And there he was, a ‘young’ 200 Pound Grizzly no more than 10 feet away…
Influencing a bear in the Alaskan outback is quite similar to handling the bears or rather stakeholders of the modern organization – both have their own agenda, and will have you for lunch if they think it serves their interests and appetites.
In this presentation, we learn best practices for leading and influencing without authority, including the three essentials model: stakeholder leadership, team orientation, and individual adjustment. Do you have the proper toolset to influence the bears when you lack the authority?
*Download and complete the Michael Nir Workshop .PDF before the dinner meeting.
July 20, 2015 5:15p - 9:00p
Sheraton Jacksonville Hotel,10605 Deerwood Park Boulevard Jacksonville, FL 32256
- 5:15 - 6:00 - Registration & Networking
(Online registration closes 12n July 19. "Speaker Only" registration available at the door)
- 6:00 - 6:05 - Opening comments & Introductions
- 6:05 - 7:00 - Part I
- 7:00 - 7:30 - Dinner
- 7:30 - 8:30 - Part II
- 8:30 - 8:40 - Closing comments
After Michael’s presentation you will be able to:
- Use your personal power to lead and influence without authority
- Align your leadership with the team situation
- Make individual adjustments to influence through difficult project and business situations
Michael Nir will also have the following books available (at discount $10) for sale:
- Agile Product Owner Secrets
- Agile Revolution
- Body Language Silent Influencing
- Project influence and leadership
- Building highly effective teams